Friday 20 February 2009

The second Tour begins..


Another year, another pre-tour packing frenzy. Honestly, if you don't leave things until the night before, you never get that tingle of anticipation. At least that's what I keep telling myself. For the last tour I had only to pack for myself, but this time around I'm also carrying big bags of football kit kindly donated by Liverpool (yes, THE Liverpool) and Godmanchester Youths FC (thanks Lucy!!). I don't even want to think about the weight allowance. For tradition's sake, here is the obligatory luggage photo.

I'm really looking forward to the tour ahead, it is a different feeling to last time because the place isn't an unknown anymore, but it is none the less still very exciting. I just hope my health holds out this time and we have a glitch free time.

A very long day ahead tomorrow is in prospect, driving to Heathrow (2 hours), flying first from London to Madrid (2 hours), a six hour stopover and then Madrid to Johannesburg (9.5 hours). Then the final leg, about a 4-5 hour drive to Lesotho...we should be shattered. :)

And with that in mind, it's off to bed!

No comments: